Apply Your Learning
Make the most out of your university career by taking advantage of all that Laurier has to offer you. Volunteer work, campus clubs, leadership programs, studying abroad, work experience – there are so many ways you can extend your classroom experience into the real world.
Here are just a few examples of the experiences you’ll have access to in the Human Rights program:
- Gain practical experience and a great reference letter by participating in a for-credit internship with a non-profit organization.
- Add a Human Resources Management post-graduate certificate to your degree through our partnership with Conestoga Community College.
- Earn a law degree, in addition to your degree in Human Rights, in only six years through our partnership with the University of Sussex.
- Develop practical career skills by including a certificate in Non-Profit Career Foundations or a specialization in International Development as part of your degree.
- Participate in the Academic, Creative and Engaged Research Showcase (ACERS) to showcase your work for the public and Laurier community.
- Submit your academic work to Bridges: An Undergraduate Journal for Contemporary Connections for a chance to be published.
Check out the Human Rights and Human Diversity Experience and Career Guide.