You’re a Golden Hawk Now
Congratulations! Welcome to the Laurier family. Let us know on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram you’ve accepted your offer so we can say hello.
Incoming Student Checklist
Make sure you do the following things so you can rest easy. You can also use our Welcome Guide, which is just for students who have been accepted, to help you learn all there is to know about your studies at Laurier. Check your notification of offer email to get started.
- Accept Your Offer
- Arrange Your Accommodations
- Complete Your Student Registration
- Pay Your Fees
- Get Ready for September
See additional steps for international students and transfer students.
1. Accept Your Offer
2. Arrange Your Accommodations
3. Complete Your Student Registration
- Make sure you meet the conditions listed in your offer letter of admission.
- If you plan to attend summer school to upgrade your courses and satisfy your offer conditions, you must let us know by submitting the Summer School Registration Notification form. It is your responsibility to make sure we receive your updated grades.
- Register for courses as soon as possible. Course registration for first-year students opens in mid-June.
- Activate your Laurier email account. You should check your email regularly to make sure you don’t miss important updates from Laurier.
- Register with the Accessible Learning Centre (if applicable).
- Enter your Social Insurance Number (SIN) in LORIS for tax purposes.
- Send in your official, final documents by July 15, 2021, or the deadline stated on your offer of admission, if applicable.
- If you’re currently studying in an Ontario high school, your school will send us your final transcripts automatically.
4. Pay Your Fees
5. Get Ready for September
- Learn about Laurier 101, Laurier's incoming student support program. There is an exciting lineup of events to help you connect with other first-year students, learn more about life at Laurier and get your questions answered before September.
- Watch the recording of your faculty's course-registration webinar, offered through Laurier 101.
- Starting July 1, log in to Laurier Life to chat with other first-year students, interact with campus supports, and access resources to help you prepare for classes. You can complete Laurier Life in as little as one hour, or log in regularly over the summer to connect with new students.
- Get your OneCard. Your OneCard is your student identification card and bus pass, and it's also how you use your meal plan dollars.
- Prepare to move into residence, if applicable.