Entrance scholarships are based on your best six final grade 12 U/M marks. If you receive an offer of admission, you’ll be notified of your projected entrance scholarship (the scholarship will be finalized in July once we receive your final grades).
The best part? No application is required!
If you’re entering a double-degree program, we’ll assess your entrance scholarship using the program with the higher dollar value.
Awards from our entrance scholarship grid are available to students who are entering Year 1 of any undergraduate program. Recipients must be registered full-time.
Apply for Entrance Bursaries
All applicants to Year 1 programs with no previous attendance at another postsecondary institution can submit an entrance bursary application, which can be found when you log-in to LORIS. This online application is available from mid-December until the April 19, 2017 deadline.
Applying for Entrance Bursaries
- Go to the LORIS website (Online Viewing).
- Log in using your 9-digit student ID# and a personal identification number (PIN). Note: The first time you use LORIS, your PIN number will be your date of birth in the format MMDDYY. You’ll need to change your PIN and add secret questions as soon as you log in.
- Select the "Student Awards and Financial Aid" tab and then click on "Apply for Student Funding."
- You will be prompted to select an aid year and period, which should default to the year you are applying for. Click continue.
- Next, you will be prompted to select an application. The entrance bursary application should be the only application you have in your selection list. Click continue.
- The next page will ask you to confirm starting the application. Click continue.
- You can now begin the process of filling out the entrance bursary application. Follow the steps online and ensure each step is marked "complete." Note: If you leave the application screen at this point, you can use the "View My Applications" link on the "Student Awards and Financial Aid" tab to return to the application.