Laurier’s campuses and locations are closing at 5:30 p.m. today, Friday, March 3, due to severe weather. The closure is for the rest of the day and night. Campus operations will resume as normal tomorrow at 6 a.m. Saturday, March 4 unless communicated otherwise. During the closure, buildings on Laurier’s campuses and locations will be controlled access, which means you require a OneCard to access buildings. The library on the Waterloo campus is closed.
Check for status updates on the Campus Status page.
Closing the university means that:
- All in-person and online classes that begin at 5:30 p.m. or later today, Friday, March 3, are cancelled. Instructors may choose to reschedule classes or provide access to asynchronous learning activities for courses.
- In-person and online examinations, including midterms, that begin at 5:30 p.m. or later today, Friday, March 3 are cancelled. Any centrally scheduled examinations that have been cancelled will be rescheduled by the Office of the Registrar. Midterms that have been cancelled will be rescheduled by the instructor. Midterms scheduled after 6 a.m. Saturday, March 4 will run as scheduled.
- In-person meetings and other in-person scheduled events on campus that begin at 5:30 p.m. or later today, Friday, March 3, are cancelled. Organizers of non-academic online meetings and events will determine and communicate if non-academic online meetings and events scheduled at 5:30 p.m. or later today, Friday, March 3, will continue in the usual manner.
- Staff, other than those needed for essential services, are expected to perform their work remotely if operationally feasible and in consultation with their supervisor.
- Staff performing essential services are expected to be on site.
- Staff and students who require flexibility or accommodations because of the impacts of inclement weather closures today for schools and other services should connect directly with their managers or instructors to discuss.
- All in-person university services are closed for the day, Friday, March 3 as of 5:30 p.m. Access to all remote and online university services will continue in the usual manner.
- Deadlines for assignments and other required in-person submissions are postponed until the same hour on the next weekday that the university is open.
In the case of an on-campus emergency in Waterloo or Kitchener, please call Laurier’s Special Constable Service at 519.885.3333. At Laurier Brantford, call 519.770.3778.