Laurier’s campuses and locations are closed until noon today, Thursday, Feb. 23, due to severe weather. Community members are encouraged to work from home if possible and to take extra caution if travelling. Campus operations will resume as normal at noon unless communicated otherwise. During the closure, buildings on Laurier’s campuses and locations will be controlled access, which means you require a OneCard to access buildings. The library on the Waterloo campus is closed until the university opens.
Check for status updates on the Campus Status page.
Closing the university means that:
- All in-person and online classes scheduled before noon today, Thursday, Feb. 23, are cancelled. Instructors may choose to reschedule classes or provide access to asynchronous learning activities for courses.
- In-person meetings and other in-person scheduled events on campus before noon today, Thursday, Feb. 23, are cancelled. Organizers of non-academic online meetings and events will determine and communicate if non-academic online meetings and events scheduled for before noon today, Thursday, Feb. 23, will continue in the usual manner.
- Staff, other than those needed for essential services, are expected to perform their work remotely if operationally feasible and in consultation with their supervisor.
- Staff performing essential services are expected to be on site.
- Staff and students who require flexibility or accommodations because of the impacts of inclement weather closures today for schools and other services should connect directly with their managers or instructors to discuss.
- All in-person university services before noon are closed for the today, Thursday, Feb. 23. Access to all remote and online university services will continue in the usual manner.
- In-person and online examinations, including midterms, scheduled for today before noon, Thursday, Feb. 23, are cancelled. Any centrally scheduled examinations that have been cancelled will be rescheduled by the Office of the Registrar.
- Deadlines for assignments and other required in-person submissions are postponed until the same hour on the next weekday that the university is open.
In the case of an on-campus emergency in Waterloo or Kitchener, please call Laurier’s Special Constable Service at 519.885.3333. At Laurier Brantford, call 519.770.3778.