In 2018/19, Laurier received $2,362,125 from the Research Support Fund. The grant was allocated as follows:
- Institutional Performance Objective: Maintain quality research space for faculty and student research.
- Indicator: Faculty and student research spaces are operational throughout the year.
- Output: 66,367 square feet of research space maintained and operational across all Laurier.
- Institutional Performance Objective: Maintain the level of institutional support related to dissemination of faculty research through our institutional repository.
- Indicator: The number of downloads of faculty research from the institutional repository.
- Output: Support 333,227 downloads of faculty research from the institutional repository, a 6% increase over 2017/18 and a 28% increase since 2016/17.
Regulatory Requirements and Accreditation
- Institutional Performance Objective: Maintain annual reporting compliance as mandated by the Tri-Council policy statement.
- Indicator: All active protocols submit the required annual report.
- Output: Remained compliant with Tri-Council policies for Research Ethics Board.
Management and Administration of an Institution’s Research Enterprise
- Institutional Performance Objective: Continue to support Tri-Council grant applications and process Tri-Council awards.
- Indicator: The number and quality of Tri-Council grant applications being submitted by Laurier faculty and the number of successful awards.
- Output: Supported the submission grants totalling over $45 million, including 146 Tri-Council grants. The number of grant applications submitted to the Tri-Councils increased 8% over 2017/18 and 27% over 2016/17. Laurier is continuing to see high success rates with an NSERC Discovery grant success rate of 86% and a SSHRC Insight Grant success rate of 69%.
Intellectual Property and Knowledge Mobilization
- Institutional Performance Objective: Maintain the level of institutional support for industry-led projects.
- Indicator: The number of new industry-led projects initiated.
- Output: Industry-led project funding increased by 112% over 2017/2018 and by 129% since 2016/17.