In 2015/16, Laurier received $1,992,096 from the Research Support Fund. The grant was allocated as follows:
- Institutional Performance Objective: Maintain quality research space for faculty and student research.
- Indicator: Faculty and student research spaces are operational throughout the year
- Output: 66,367 square feet of research space maintained and operational across all Laurier campuses.
- Institutional Performance Objective: Maintain the level of institutional support related to dissemination of faculty research through our institutional repository.
- Indicator: The number of downloads of faculty research from the institutional repository.
- Output: Support 225,000 downloads of faculty research from the institutional repository.
Regulatory Requirements and Accreditation
- Institutional Performance Objective: Maintain annual reporting compliance as mandated by the Tri-Council policy statement.
- Indicator: All active protocols submit the required annual report.
- Output: Remained compliant with Tri-Council policies for Research Ethics Board.
Management and Administration of an Institution’s Research Enterprise
- Institutional Performance Objective: Continue to support Tri-Council grant applications and process Tri-Council awards.
- Indicator: The number and quality of Tri-Council grant applications submitted by Laurier faculty and the number of successful awards.
- Output: Supported the submission of grants totalling approximately $40 million, including 90 Tri-Council grants. Had a success rate of approximately 55% in the February 2016 SSHRC Insight Development Grant competition, significantly higher than the national average.
Intellectual Property and Knowledge Mobilization
- Institutional Performance Objective: Maintain the level of institutional support for industry-led projects.
- Indicator: The number of new industry-led projects initiated.
- Output: Supported 25 industry-led projects, a 32% increase over 2014/15.