Additional Qualification (AQ) courses are a combination of face-to-face and online formats, but distribution varies from course to course to suit learning styles and schedules. Face-to-face hours provide immediate feedback and answers to questions in a personalized learning environment. Online components allow participants to structure their learning around individual commitments and in a convenient location.
Browse our list of available AQ courses and register for the courses you require.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com.
Intersession and Summer AQ Courses
WLU1901 and WLU1902: Religious Education in Catholic Schools, Parts 1 and 2 (Guelph)
Two separate courses taught in same classroom.
- Dates: April 27 to July 6.
- Location: OECTA office, 5420 Side Rd. 6, Guelph.
- Instructors: Yvonne Runstedler and Richard Olson.
Fees and Discounts
- Early bird registration deadline: Friday, April 5.
- Final registration deadline: Monday, April 15
- Tuition fee after April 5: $685.
- Laurier BEd alumni and associate teachers: $50 discount.
$500 subsidy available upon successful completion of Part 1 for:
- Wellington CDSB teachers in first five years of permanent contract.
- Waterloo CDSB teachers in first two years of permanent contract.
- Total hours: 125
- Face-to-face hours: 63.5
- Online hours: 36.5
- Self-directed learning hours: 25
- Saturday April 27, 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Sunday, April 28, 9 a.m. – noon
- Thursday, May 9, 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Thursday, May 23, 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturday, June 8, 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Sunday, June 9, 9 a.m. – noon
- Thursday, June 20, 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 2 to Saturday, July 6, 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Accreditation and OCT Course Guidelines
The following Additional Qualification courses are accredited by the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) and are offered at Laurier's Faculty of Education.
Note: Not all courses are offered during all sessions; see the course listings above for current offerings.
OCT course guidelines can be found on the OCT Additional Qualifications website.
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit Peoples: Understanding Traditional Teachings, Histories, Current Issues and Cultures: Part 1
- French as a Second Language: Part 1, Part 2, Specialist
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction: Part 1, Part 2, Specialist
- Kindergarten: Part 1, Part 2, Specialist
- Mathematics Primary/Junior: Part 1, Part 2, Specialist
- Mentoring (one part course)
- Reading: Part 1, Part 2, Specialist
- Religious Education in the Catholic Schools: Part 1, Part 2
- Special Education: Part 1, Part 2, Specialist
- Teaching English Language Learners: Part 1, Part 2, Specialist