Additional Qualification (AQ) courses are a combination of face-to-face and online formats, but distribution varies from course to course to suit learning styles and schedules. Face-to-face hours provide immediate feedback and answers to questions in a personalized learning environment. Online components allow participants to structure their learning around individual commitments and in a convenient location.
Browse our list of available AQ courses and register for the courses you require.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com.
WLU1901: Religious Education in Catholic Schools, Part 1 (Guelph and Kitchener-Waterloo)
Course jointly offered by Waterloo Catholic District School Board and Wellington Catholic District School Board
- Dates: Online begins Aug. 5; Face-to-face runs Aug. 25 – Nov. 25
- Locations: Orchard Park, Ignatius Jesuit Centre, Guelph; Kitchener-Waterloo school site TBD
- Instructors: Yvonne Runstedler and Richard Olson
Note: If required for public health reasons, this course would be offered in fully online format and the schedule will be adapted to suit a virtual course.
Fees and Discounts
- Early bird registration deadline: Monday, July 6
- Final registration deadline: Wednesday, July 29
- Tuition fee after July 29: $685.
- Laurier BEd alumni and associate teachers: $50 discount
$500 subsidy available upon successful completion for:
- Wellington CDSB: preference given to permanent teachers in first five years of teaching
- Waterloo CDSB: teachers in first two years of permanent hire
- Total hours: 125
- Face-to-face hours: 71
- Online hours: 29
- Self-directed learning hours: 25
Online: Begins August and runs to end of course – majority of work to be done in August with one or two modules in September and October.
Guelph: Orchard Park, Ignatius Jesuit Centre (Instructor: Yvonne Runstedler)
- Tuesday, Aug. 25, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 26, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 27, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 19, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 20, 9 a.m. – noon
- Wednesday, Sept. 30, 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Kitchener-Waterloo: Site TBD (Instructor: Richard Olson)
- Wednesday, Oct. 14, 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 17, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 28, 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 18, 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 21, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 22, 9 a.m. – noon
- Wednesday, Nov. 25, 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Accreditation and OCT Course Guidelines
The following Additional Qualification courses are accredited by the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) and are offered at Laurier's Faculty of Education.
Note: Not all courses are offered during all sessions; see the course listings above for current offerings.
OCT course guidelines can be found on the OCT Additional Qualifications website.
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit Peoples: Understanding Traditional Teachings, Histories, Current Issues and Cultures: Part 1
- French as a Second Language: Part 1, Part 2, Specialist
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction: Part 1, Part 2, Specialist
- Kindergarten: Part 1, Part 2, Specialist
- Mathematics Primary/Junior: Part 1, Part 2, Specialist
- Mentoring (one part course)
- Reading: Part 1, Part 2, Specialist
- Religious Education in the Catholic Schools: Part 1, Part 2
- Special Education: Part 1, Part 2, Specialist
- Teaching English Language Learners: Part 1, Part 2, Specialist