Co-op for Mathematics (BA) Students
When you are completing the Mathematics (BA) program, you'll develop important workplace skills, whether you are working towards a career in business, education or the non-profit sector. Our courses allow you to learn the fundamental theoretical knowledge, while also gaining practical hands-on skills you need to land you the job you want.
How Faculty of Science Co-op Works
Co-op gives you the opportunity to develop skills and gain real-world experience while completing paid work terms lasting 12 to 16 weeks.
You apply for admission to co-op in first year and may be eligible for an admission interview early in your second year.
If you are admitted to co-op, you will get assistance with career planning, job search and interview preparation through the Fundamentals of Co-operative Education course. You will then apply to job postings and attend interviews
Interested? Learn more about applying to co-op.
The Faculty of Science co-op program includes work terms in the spring after your second and third years of study.
Work/Study Sequence, Arts Co-op
||Fall (Sept. to Dec.)
||Winter (Jan. to April)
||Spring (May to August)
Sample Science Co-op Jobs
- Underwriting Analyst, AIG Canada, Toronto – Analyze financial statements, assist with quote generation and complete rating for exposure and pricing for underwriters.
- Technical Writer, Ericsson Canada, Mississauga – Gather technical information, and write and edit high-quality technical product documentation.
- Finance Systems Coordinator, Fibernetics Corporation, Cambridge – Improve the integration of financial and operations systems, along with data analysis and reporting for senior management.
- Wellness Centre Student, Parkwood Suites, Waterloo – Assist residents with their physiotherapy programs and participate in planning games, fitness classes, and walking groups.
- Landscape Design Student, Region of Peel, Mississauga – Perform site analysis and provide eco-friendly landscape designs and horticulture suggestions to residents.
- Environmental Laboratory Assistant, Region of Waterloo, Cambridge – Sterilize equipment, maintain analytical instruments, prepare solutions, and treat chemical and biological wastes generated during tests.
- Occupational Health and Safety Co-op Student, RIMOWA North America, Cambridge – Implement height-adjustable workstations, complete cost-benefit analysis for localized exhaust ventilation systems and recommend corrective actions for the ergonomic hazards involved with stacking goods.
- Financial Analyst, Corporate Development, VetStrategy, Woodbridge – Analyze financial data from prospective acquisitions and complete due diligence activities
Sample Science Co-op Employers
- City of Kitchener
- Hospital for Sick Children
- Kerry's Place – Autism Services
- Reception House
- Saugeen Valley Conservation Authority
- TD Bank Group
Check out the average weekly salary data for students in Faculty of Science co-op. This data is available for your reference. Employers decide students’ salary.