Application Submission and Assessment
Applications will be considered until the program is full. Visit our Graduate Admissions Toolkit for more information about applying.
After you have submitted your online application, paid the non-refundable application fee, and Laurier has received your application, you'll receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org advising you to upload the additional required documentation to Laurier’s Online Viewing system.
An application for admission to our Master of Public Safety program must include:
- The application summary available from the online application.
- Transcripts and graduation certificates (where applicable) for every postsecondary educational institution (college or university) you have attended, including those at which a degree or diploma was not completed.
- A completed statement of intent.
- A résumé of your academic and work experience. If applicable, include a history of your publication and scholarly paper activity and any other information you feel will interest the admissions committee.
- Completed reference forms. Two references are required, one academic and one professional. A professional reference is someone who can speak to your work and/or volunteer experience related to your selected concentration. Applicants who have been out of school for five or more years, and who cannot obtain an academic reference, will be required to submit an additional professional reference in its place. Please do not include personal references from friends and family. Note: Reference forms are electronically submitted to Laurier by the referee and do not need to be uploaded.
Proficiency in written and spoken English is essential to graduate studies at Laurier. Applicants whose language of instruction during their previous postsecondary education was not in English must submit evidence of proficiency in English. If applicable, results from accepted testing services must be uploaded to Laurier’s Online Viewing system.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition for the Master of Public Safety is $27,000 (CDN).