Laurier is making daily decisions and service adjustments to contain the spread of COVID-19. Our goal is to keep the Laurier community informed of these updates in a timely and accurate manner. Visit the wlu.ca/coronavirus website for the latest information and the Remote Learning Student Hub site for academic, mental health and social supports.
We’re collecting stories of sharing, helping and kindness submitted by members of university community. Read how Laurier grad Sarah Splinter’s (BBA’11) #SewBetterTogether project Share your stories by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or tag Laurier in your social media posts.
May 28 key updates:
1. Stay Golden! Earlier this month we asked you to share what ‘Stay Golden’ means to you as a way to introduce our incoming students to our Golden Hawk community. Watch the video to see a sample of what some of your fellow Golden Hawks had to say - and be prepared to warm your purple and gold hearts :)
2. Fall Term 2020: Laurier’s administration is working diligently to confirm details related to the fall term. We understand that students are anxious for specific information so you can make your own plans. Please visit the FAQs for current students for Fall Term 2020 for current information, which includes links to FAQs for current graduate students and FAQs for international students as well as other student groups. Further details and answers to more questions will be shared with you as soon as they are confirmed. We appreciate your patience as we work through complex, interrelated considerations to ensure that we provide you with a safe environment, high-quality academic delivery, and strong student support and student experience.
1. Convocation: The first two weeks of June is when Laurier normally celebrates its newest graduates at convocation ceremonies. While we may not be able to mark the occasion in person just yet, we look forward to celebrating in the future when it is safe to do so. For those students who have applied to graduate, the convocation planning teams have created an FAQ page to keep you informed about your graduation and receiving your degree/diploma. Emails with more details will also be sent directly to students applying to graduate. Please visit the FAQ page for details or email email@example.com.
2. Option to Convert Winter 2020 Grades to Credit or Withdrawal: The CR/WD grade selection form is available to students for Winter 2020 grades until June 3 at 4:30 p.m. More details about the selection process are posted to the enrolment services website. For more information, read the FAQs and the original CR/WD notice.
3. Zoom software update required before May 31: To continue to participate in Zoom meetings and classes, members of the Laurier community are required to update your Zoom software to the latest available version before May 31. The update provides increased security features and encryption to help keep our community and our data safe.
To update your client, start the Zoom application on your computer, hover over your icon in the top right and click once, then click on Check for Updates. If there is a newer version of Zoom available it will download and install. For further instructions, visit Zoom’s help page.
We see you are accessing our website on IE8. We recommend you view in Chrome, Safari, Firefox or IE9+ instead.×