Rapid tests are a tool that can be used in the fight against COVID-19 in addition to social distancing, mask wearing, regular hand hygiene, and keeping a tight social bubble. They are a fast way of recognizing a case of COVID-19 so that the case can be contained before it spreads in the workplace and community.
Rapid testing is intended for asymptomatic use only. Individuals who are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or who have been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days are not eligible for rapid testing and should be tested through public testing channels.
Each kit comes with an instruction card that you can follow as you do the test. You may use the following photo steps or watch the following video if you prefer.
Make sure the kit is at room temperature before performing each test.
1. Clean your hands using warm soapy water or a hand sanitizer.
2. Get your supplies ready on a clean, dry surface.
3. Clean your hands again.
4. Carefully drop the buffer solution into the clear plastic tube until it reaches the flow line indicated on the tube.
5. Place the plastic tube in the holder.
6. Open the swab package.
7. Put the swab into the right nostril until you reach resistance and rotate swab five times.
8. Put the same swab into the left nostril until you reach resistance and rotate swab five times again.
9. Carefully put the swab into the plastic tube.
10. Rotate the swab in the solution five times by squeezing the bottom of the tube so the solution and swab mix together well.
11. Squeeze the bottom of the tube and swab stick after rotating.
12. Pull the swab out until you see the “break” line on the stick. Break the swab stick and let the swab drop into the solution.
13. Discard the break stick.
14. Put blue cap on plastic tube.
15. Open the dropping nozzle cap at the bottom of the plastic tube.
16. Drop five drops of solution onto the “circle” of the testing device.
17. Set timer for 15 minutes.
18. Read results at 15 minutes and no longer than 20 minutes. Negative result shown on top; positive result shown on bottom.
19. Report results.
We see you are accessing our website on IE8. We recommend you view in Chrome, Safari, Firefox or IE9+ instead.×