This form is for incoming undergraduate students admitted to Wilfrid Laurier University who wish to defer their offer of admission. Laurier understands that circumstances may arise, preventing you from enrolling for the term specified on your offer of admission. In such cases, the university recognizes that a deferral of admission may be warranted.
- Deferrals will only be considered for applicants to undergraduate degree programs.
- All conditions on the original offer of admission must be satisfied before a deferral will be granted.
- The deferment is only available for one academic year and 101 applicants may not defer for any term other than fall.
- Entrance scholarships will be deferred.
- Applicants who enrol in academic courses at another postsecondary education institute during the period of deferment will void their offer of admission, and are then required to reapply to Laurier and disclose any new academic information.
- Applicants who return to a high school during their period of deferment must submit an updated transcript and may be reassessed for an updated scholarship.
- Deferrals are not available to students admitted to the Faculty of Music except by special permission from the dean.
- Deferrals are not available to students with offers to the LEAF program.
Familiarize yourself with the deferral process checklist, prior to submitting this form.