July 31, 2023Print | PDF
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: This giveaway is open only to incoming first-year students with a valid Laurier ID number who reside in Canada. Employees of Wilfrid Laurier University, its affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively the “Employees”), are not eligible to participate in the giveaway. The giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Participant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Wilfrid Laurier University as final and binding as it relates to the content of this giveaway.
3. Giveaway Period: Entries will be accepted online, via Instagram, starting on Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 12 p.m. EST and ending on Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 12 pm EST. All online entries must be submitted by Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 12 pm EST.
4. How to Enter: The giveaway must be entered by accepting your Laurier Lazaridis School undergraduate degree offer. You must be enrolled in first-year of a Lazaridis School Program at Wilfrid Laurier University, follow @LazaridisSchool on Instagram, and comment on the contest post as directed. The entry must fulfill all giveaway requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Wilfrid Laurier University. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Wilfrid Laurier University.
5. Prizes: There are three (3) prizes available. The Winner(s) of the giveaway (each a “Winner”) will receive one (1) of the three (3) prize packs, approximate retail value of each prize pack is: $150. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Wilfrid Laurier University. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Wilfrid Laurier University to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Wilfrid Laurier University. Winner will be notified by the email they applied to Laurier with within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Wilfrid Laurier University shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. The Winners will receive their prize packs in-person and on campus in the first semester of school. If in-person learning is not permissible, the prize will be held on to until the Winner is able to pick it up in person. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this giveaway is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT WILFRID LAURIER UNIVERSITY’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE GIVEAWAY, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By agreeing to accept the prize, you understand and agree that Wilfrid Laurier University, anyone acting on behalf of Wilfrid Laurier University, and Wilfrid Laurier University’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the giveaway, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Wilfrid Laurier University. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Wilfrid Laurier University from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Wilfrid Laurier University may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Wilfrid Laurier University reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the giveaway should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Wilfrid Laurier University’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the giveaway. In such case, Wilfrid Laurier University may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Wilfrid Laurier University. Wilfrid Laurier University reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the giveaway or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Wilfrid Laurier University has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the giveaway, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by giveaway rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Wilfrid Laurier University reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Wilfrid Laurier University and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the giveaway and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS GIVEAWAY IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF Canada AND Ontario. As a condition of participating in this giveaway, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this giveaway, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Ontario having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable legal fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this giveaway). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. This giveaway hosted by Wilfrid Laurier University and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.