The following are health and wellness resources available to postdoctoral fellows in the Laurier community.
Physical Health and Wellness
Visit the Government of Ontario's find a doctor page for detailed information about finding a family doctor in your community.
- The Urgent Care Clinic: 751 Victoria Street South, Kitchener, 519.745.2273
- The Waterloo Walk-In Clinic: 13-170 University Avenue West, Waterloo, 519.725.1514
- Monday to Friday 9 a.m. – 8 a.m.; Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- KW Walk-IN Clinic: 100 The Boardwalk (Inside Walmart Supercentre), Kitchener, 519.279.4098
- Monday to Friday 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Westmount Place Walk-In Clinic: 50 Westmount Road North (inside Sunlife Plaza), Waterloo, 519.954.0111
- Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; closed Saturday and Sunday
- Grand River Hospital: 835 King Street West, 519.749.4242
- St. Mary's General Hospital: 911 Queen's Blvd., 519.749.6579
- Ontario Poison Centre: 1.800.268.9017
- Waterloo Region Sexual Assault Treatment Centre: 519.749.6994
Sexual Violence Support
Laurier offers Gendered and Sexual Violence Prevention and Support resources, including crisis lines and the Office of Dispute Resolution and Sexual Violence Support.
Waterloo Region has a Sexual Assault Support Centre. Visit the SASC website for more information about their services and resources.
Flu clinics are annually hosted on campus through the Student Wellness Centre. The clinics are typically open during the months of October and November. You can find clinic dates and further information posted online during that time.
Mental Health and Wellness
Mental Health – In Crisis
- Here 24/7 MH and Addiction Crisis Services of Waterloo Wellington: 1.844.437.3247
- Crisis Text Line: text TALK to 686868
- Special Constable Services: 519.885.3333
- Call 911 or go to Grand River Hospital
Mental Health – Needing Some Help
Mental Health – Wanting to Stay Well