Application Submission and Assessment
Applications will be considered until the program is full.
Visit our Graduate Admissions Toolkit for more information about applying.
After you have submitted your OUAC application, paid the non-refundable application fee, and Laurier has received your application, you'll receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org advising you to upload the additional required documentation to Laurier’s Online Viewing system.
An application for admission to our Master of Education program must include:
- The Application Summary, which is generated after you complete your OUAC application (log back in to OUAC to retrieve it).
- Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work.
- A completed statement of intent.
- A resume of your academic and work experience. Include a history of your publication and scholarly paper activity and any other information you feel will interest the admissions committee.
- A sample of your scholarly writing (10 to 20 pages in length) or you may elect to submit a writing sample of 1200 to 1500 words on an educational topic of your interest.
- Completed reference forms. Two references are required: one academic and one professional, or two academic. A letter from an Additional Qualifications instructor is acceptable. If an academic letter cannot be provided, the applicant will need to submit two professional letters and will then be considered through the alternative admissions process. Note: Reference forms are electronically submitted to Laurier by the referee and do not need to be uploaded.
Proficiency in written and spoken English is essential to graduate studies at Laurier. Applicants whose language of instruction during their previous postsecondary education was not in English must submit evidence of proficiency in English. If applicable, results from accepted testing services must be uploaded to Laurier’s Online Viewing system.