Co-op for Double Degree in Business and Mathematics (UW) Students
When you are completing this program, you’ll earn a Bachelor of Mathematics (BMath) from University of Waterloo (UW) and a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) from Laurier in only five years. In senior years, you may specialize in:
- Actuarial Science
- Combinatorics and Optimization
- Computational Mathematics
- Mathematical Finance
- Pure Mathematics
- Computer Science
How Co-op Works
This double-degree co-op program gives you the opportunity to develop skills and gain real-world experience while completing three or four paid work terms lasting up to four months each.
You will enrol in co-op in your second year. You will get assistance with career planning, job search and interview preparation through the Fundamentals of Co-operative Education course. You will then apply to job postings and attend interviews.
Interested? Learn more about enrolling in co-op.
You will begin your first four-month work term in the winter term of your second year.
Work/Study Sequence, Business and Mathematics (UW) Co-op
||Fall (Sept. to Dec.)
||Winter (Jan. to April)
||Spring (May to August)
||Work Term 1
||Work Term 2
||Work Term 3 or Study Term
||Work Term 3 or Study Term
||Optional Work Term 4 or Study Term
Sample Co-op Jobs
- Assurance and Accounting Co-op, BDO Canada, Guelph – Prepare working papers, financial statements, review engagements and tax returns.
- Advanced Analytics, Credit Risk Management Division, Canadian Tire Corporation, Toronto – Work as part of the data & analytics team using the latest data technologies and advanced analytical techniques to demystify shopper behaviour.
- Equity Research, Gluskin Sheff + Associates Inc., Toronto – Conduct differentiated fundamental analysis on public equities by assessing the viability of its business models, industry positioning, financial metrics and portfolio strategy
- Marketing Intern - Beauty Retail Division, Henkel, Mississauga – Manage marketing projects and provide monthly analysis of risks and opportunities.
- Analyst, Pharmacy Business Analytics, Loblaw Companies Ltd., Toronto – Extract, review, manipulate and automate patient behaviour and pharmacy sales data for analysis and reporting through dashboards, reports or presentations.
- Co-op Analyst, OMERS Infrastructure, Toronto – Participate in evaluating, executing, and managing direct investments.
- Business Systems Analyst Co-op, Sun Life, Waterloo – Collaborate with business clients to evaluate business objectives and opportunities and review operations.
- Retirement Actuarial Intern, Willis Towers Watson, Toronto – Provide actuarial support in design, funding and management of retirement programs.
Sample Co-op Employers
- Economical Insurance
- EY Canada
- TD Bank Group
- Unilever Canada
Check out the average weekly salary data for students in Business and Economics co-op programs, including double-degree students. This data is available for your reference. Employers determine students’ salaries.