Full-Time MFin Admission Requirements
- A four-year honours undergraduate degree in economics, business or related field with a concentration in finance.
- Minimum B+ average in your last two years of full-time study.
- GMAT score of at least 650 for the full-time with co-op program, and at least 620 for the full-time (non-co-op) program or the GRE equivalent.
- If you passed the CFA level one exam, the GMAT requirement can be waived.
- The GMAT is mandatory for all applicants who completed their previous degrees outside of Canada.
- High proficiency in written and spoken English (co-op option applicants are selected on the basis of an interview).
- Applicants whose language of instruction was other than English during their undergraduate degree must supply evidence of proficiency in English prior to admission. For more information, please refer to our English proficiency requirements.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): A minimum score of 100 (with minimum skills scores of 21 in each of the four skills sets), or
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or its equivalent: A minimum score of seven.
- Letters of reference: Normally one academic reference and one professional reference.
How to Apply
Applications to the Waterloo full-time (co-op and non co-op) program are due Jan. 5 for first consideration. We will continue to take strong applications until the program is full. Please note, applicants who are not accepted into the co-op program will automatically be considered for the non-coop program.
Please note, your application should be complete (OUAC application completed and supplemental documents and references submitted) by this date. This process normally takes at least two weeks. Please apply through OUAC early.
After you have submitted your OUAC application, paid the non-refundable application fee, and Laurier has received your application, you'll receive an email from email@example.com advising you to upload the additional required documentation to Laurier’s Online Viewing system.
Visit our Graduate Admissions Toolkit for more information about applying.
To apply to our Master of Finance program, you must include:
- The Application Summary, which is generated after you complete your OUAC application (log back in to OUAC to retrieve it).
- Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work.
- A completed statement of intent.
- An official GMAT score.
- A résumé of your academic and work experience. Include a history of your publication and scholarly paper activity and any other information you feel will interest the admissions committee.
- Completed reference forms. Reference forms are electronically submitted to Laurier by the referee and do not need to be uploaded.
- IELTS or TOEFL scores (if your native language is not English and you did not complete your most recent degree in English medium).