Application Submission and Assessment
Applications will be considered until April 15, 2017.
Visit our Graduate Admissions Toolkit for more information about applying.
Applying for admission to the Master of Business Administration (MBA) / Master of International Public Policy (MIPP) double-degree program in Laurier's Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies requires the completion of the two-part, online application process. Please read the below information to assist you with your initial application steps.
Note: All supplementary documents, including transcripts and test scores, must be uploaded in .pdf format.
An application for admission to the MBA/MIPP program must include:
- Application summary: This is the printed .pdf application summary received upon completion of part one of your online application.
- Statement of intent form: A completed statement of intent form.
- Résumé of your academic and work experience: A résumé of your academic and work experience. Include your employment history (indicate if the employment is full- or part-time and/or if it was a co-op work term completed within your undergraduate degree), a history of your publication and scholarly paper activity, and any other information you feel will interest the admissions committee.
- Official transcripts and degree certificates: Digital copies of all transcripts and graduation certificates (where applicable) for every postsecondary educational institution you have attended will be required, including those at which a degree or diploma was not completed. Applicants may apply with unofficial transcripts, but will be asked to present official transcripts upon receipt of an offer of admission. Applicants presenting international credentials must provide literal translations, and may be asked to submit an official credential assessment.
- References: Three references are required. At least one reference must be an academic reference. Applicants will need to provide the contact information for each referee within part one of their online application. The three referees will receive instructions on submitting the specific reference forms electronically after part one of your application has been submitted and fees have been processed. Reminder notifications are sent to the applicant, not the referee.
- Writing sample: A sample of your scholarly writing of 8-10 pages is required. This may be a paper written for a senior undergraduate course. Where appropriate, a policy brief or comparable document may be submitted instead.
- Evidence of quantitative skills: Evidence of quantitative skills is required for admission to the MBA/MIPP program. Normally, this is demonstrated by a minimum grade of B in an introductory statistics course. The admissions committee may waive the required course in statistics for applicants who present a score of 600 or better on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
Additional requirements for international applicants:
- English-language test results: English language proficiency in written and spoken English is essential to graduate studies at Laurier. Applicants whose language of instruction during their previous postsecondary education was not in English must submit evidence of proficiency in English. Visit our International Applicants page for English-proficiency requirements and acceptable tests. If applicable, test results must be uploaded to Laurier’s Online Viewing System.
- Permanent resident: Evidence of your status in Canada is required. Applicants must provide a photocopy of their signed Record of Landing, or photocopies of both sides of their Permanent Resident card.