Note: The experience profile form is closed for fall 2019 admissions. The form will reopen Sept. 2019 for 2020 admissions. The deadline to complete the form is in early December. If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The experience profile is for applicants to the consecutive Bachelor of Education Primary/Junior and Junior/Intermediate, full-time, two-year program offered at Laurier.
- Read all instructions below before completing the experience profile.
- The decision to admit candidates will be based on two components; academic standing (50%) and an experience profile (50%).
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your application is complete. We cannot guarantee that we will consider incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline. Application fees will not be refunded.
- Experience profiles must be in your own words, without professional assistance.
- Applicants to both the Primary/Junior and Junior/Intermediate programs should only submit one copy of the experience profile.
Parts A and B
- Complete your answers using the space provided. Do not submit additional pages, as they will not be assessed.
- Provide a clear and concise overview of all duties and activities in point format.
- Include any aspects of diversity involved in your teaching related experiences, such as the diversity of the types of children, youth, or clients you worked with. Types of diversity include; culture, ethnicity, language, disability status, ability level, race, socioeconomic status, and religious beliefs. It is optimal to address how you accommodated these areas of diversity.
- It is recommended that you outline work/volunteer experience with children and or youth. Make certain that the experiences are truly different from each other. The same type of role in two different classrooms or schools is not different unless you make a case for the difference based on such considerations as a totally different type of clientele, for example.
- Do not duplicate experiences from Part A on Part B.
- Letters of reference are not considered.