Oct. 30, 2014
For Immediate Release
WATERLOO – With Remembrance Day on the horizon, Canadians everywhere are honouring those who have served our country overseas and at home. The following Laurier experts are available to comment on stories relating to Remembrance Day.
- Terry Copp, professor emeritus, History; director emeritus, Laurier Centre for Military Strategic and Disarmament Studies.
- Areas of expertise: Canadian history; military affairs; World War II; battle exhaustion; military psychiatry; post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Contact information: email@example.com, 519-884-0710 ext. 4549.
- Timothy Donais, chair and associate professor, Global Studies.
- Areas of expertise: Peace and conflict studies; post-conflict peace building; security sector reform; peace building in Bosnia and Haiti.
- Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 519-884-0710 ext. 3295.
- Mark Humphries, associate professor, History; director, Laurier Centre for Military Strategic and Disarmament Studies; Dunkley Chair in War and the Canadian Experience.
- Areas of expertise: War and society; military history; First World War; Canadian social history; medical history; shell shock.
- Contact information: email@example.com, 519-884-0710 ext. 3309 or 3700.
- Edmund Pries, assistant professor, Global Studies.
- Areas of expertise: Global conflict and disarmament, pledges and vows; citizenship, religious, military, loyalty and allegiance; religion and war and peace; global citizenship and ethics; international humanitarian law.
- Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 519-884-0710 ext. 4593.
– 30 –