- Year established: 1911
- President and Vice-Chancellor: Dr. Deborah MacLatchy
- Chancellor: Eileen Mercier
- Tony Araujo, Acting Vice-President: Finance and Administration
- Jason Coolman, Vice-President: Advancement and External Relations
- Maureen Mancuso, Interim Provost and Vice-President: Academic
- David McMurray, Vice-President: Student Affairs
- Jonathan Newman, Vice-President: Research
- Heidi Northwood, Interim Senior Executive Officer of the Brantford Campus
- Waterloo Campus
- Brantford Campus
- Kitchener: Lyle S. Hallman Faculty of Social Work
- Milton: new campus under development focusing on STEAM (Science, Technology Engineering, Arts and Mathematics)
- Toronto: Weekend MBA program and Laurier Toronto Office
- Yellowknife: Research Office
- Chongqing, China: Laurier China Office
Students and Faculty Members
Number of Undergraduate Students*
- Full-time: 15,622
- Part-time: 2,846
- Total: 18,468
Number of Graduate Students*
- Full-time: 1,113
- Part-time: 1,057
- Total: 2,170
Number of Faculty (Estimate)*
- Full-time: 544
- Part-time: 383
Number of Staff (Estimate)*
- Full-time: 1,114
- Part-time: 122
*As of fall 2019. For additional statistical data, visit the Public Accountability page.
Faculties Based at the Waterloo Campus and Kitchener Location
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Science
- Lazaridis School of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Music
- Lyle S. Hallman Faculty of Social Work
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
Faculties Based at the Brantford Campus
- Faculty of Liberal Arts
- Faculty of Human and Social Sciences
- Canada Research Chair in Cold Regions Water Science (tier 1), Philip Marsh (Geography and Environmental Studies).
- Canada Research Chair in Mathematical Modelling (tier 1), Roderick Melnik (Mathematics).
- Canada Research Chair in Forests and Global Change (tier 2), Jennifer Baltzer (Biology).
- Canada Research Chair in Comparative Federalism and Multilevel Governance (tier 2), Jörg Broschek (Political Science).
- Canada Research Chair in Market Insight and Innovation (tier 2), Tripat Gill (Business).
- Canada Research Chair in Organizational Leadership (tier 2), Ivona Hideg (Business).
- Canada Research Chair in Remote Sensing of Environmental Change (tier 2), Homa Kheyrollah Pour (Geography and Environmental Studies).
- Canada Research Chair in Global Political Ecology (tier 2), Audra Mitchell (Political Science).
- Canada Research Chair in International Migration (tier 2), Alison Mountz (Geography and Environmental Studies).
- Canada Research Chair in Financial Markets (tier 2), Andriy Shkilko (Business, Finance).
Learn more about our other distinguished research chairs, professors and fellows.