It’s hard to explain what it means to be a Golden Hawk without meeting us in person. No matter which campus you tour, once you come, you’ll immediately feel the community spirit that makes Laurier special. Each March, we invite prospective students and their families to join us for our annual March Break Open House on the Waterloo Campus.
What to Do at Open House
Open House is one of the best times to visit campus! Our students, staff and faculty are excited to meet you and answer any questions you have about Laurier and our Waterloo campus.
- Take a campus tour: A student volunteer will be happy to show you all the sights and sounds of campus.
- Visit different residence buildings: Current residents will open their doors to show our dormitory- and apartment-style residence options.
- Browse the Student Experience Fair: Speak with representatives from Admissions, Financial Aid, Residence, Athletics, Co-op and staff who are here to help you picture what it’s like to be a Laurier Golden Hawk.
- Attend information sessions: Hear about the Laurier student experience from faculty, staff and students. Learn about your program and ask questions. You can attend program information sessions, lab tours, demos, general sessions and more!
Get the Most Out of Your Day
- Register in advance to get email reminders and updates before the event. Registration opens in January.
- Review the schedule, which is released in February, to plan your day before you get to campus. Staff and volunteers will also be handing out paper copies of the event schedule throughout campus during Open House.
- Parking is free for our campus visitors during Open House.
- You'll have the chance to explore the entire campus so wear comfortable shoes and check the weather before you leave.