Fourth-Year Bachelor of Social Work
My Favourite Quote:
"Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people."
Three Facts About Me:
- I’m completing two minors: Youth and Children’s Studies and Indigenous Studies.
- I have been planning special events for Laurier since my first year.
- I am working toward combining social work and event planning together for my future career.
Why Did You Choose Laurier?
- I chose Laurier’s Brantford campus because the moment I step onto this campus, I felt like home! I love the fact that Laurier is integrated with the city of Brantford.
- I chose Laurier’s Brantford campus because I heard many positive things about the social work program and the amazing professors. The class sizes are smaller than other universities, but it provides students with many great opportunities to connect with their professors, build a supportive community and experience two co-op placements.
- Laurier Brantford also provide many opportunities for students to get involved and explore new interests.
Involvement on Campus:
- Go Team: Orientation Week Leader
- Child and Adolescent Research Education (C.A.R.E.)
- Hawk Team, Laurier Jack.org Campus Chapter, Peer Connect.
- Fashion for Freedom, FLASS & HASSA, LBACF
Three Favourite Courses the I Have Taken at Laurier:
- Children, Toys, and Media
- Practice with Groups
- Social Work Transformative Action