Fourth-Year Human Rights and Human Diversity
Lion’s Head, ON
My Favourite Quote:
"She believed she could and so she did."
Three Facts About Me:
- I spent the 2018 summer break interning through Laurier International in Ghana at International Needs Ghana. I worked in the children’s rights department, creating programming to empower children to protect themselves from violations and understanding their rights.
- I live close to and work at two national parks: Bruce Peninsula National Park and Fathom Five National Marine Park.
- All of my siblings have at least 1 degree from Laurier.
Why Did You Choose Laurier?
I chose Laurier’s Brantford campus because of the close-knit community that I witnessed during my visits. The students that I interacted with were all extremely passionate and enthusiastic about Laurier Brantford. It made it very easy for me to see myself walking to class and living in the community. Involvement and volunteerism have also always been important to me and a large aspect of my life. Laurier has countless opportunities for students to find ways to get involved and give back to the Laurier and greater Brantford community.
Involvement on Campus
- Director of Marketing and Public Relations on the Brantford Residence Council (BRC)
- Captain of the Powderpuff Football Team
- Residence Life Don
- Campus Council Advisor of the Residence Athletic Council
- Executive member on Peer Connect, Foot Patrol and the French Club
- General volunteer for Laurier Students for Literacy
- Note-taker with the Accessible Learning Centre
- Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholar: Ghana Internship
- Orientation Week Ice Breaker
Three Favourite Courses the I Have Taken at Laurier:
- Listening and Nonverbal Communication
- Advanced Organizational Leadership
- Philosophy of Human Rights