Laurier Work Study Plan-Employer Application Form
The Laurier Work Study Program promotes part-time, on campus employment for full time students, who have financial need beyond their Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) entitlement. University departments are able to hire students, and students are able to work on campus. LWSP is funded through the Student Awards Office, and due to the high demand for part time positions across campus, as well as limited funding, Job Application Forms will be reviewed and approved on a first come, first served basis. Job opportunities will be disbursed throughout all campuses, with limited positions available to each department.
What types of Jobs can be included?
In order to be considered for approval, work study jobs must:
- be created specifically for the program and be general in nature, not requiring specialized skills
- not displace a regular employee in any way, and must not be used to offset reductions in your budget
- be flexible in terms of hours worked(15 hours per week max)
Students MUST apply through the WLU Student Awards Office first, in order to determine eligibility to this program. Once eligibility is determined and the student is able to participate, they will be referred to the Career Center, to begin browsing and applying for jobs. The Employer DOES make the final hiring decision!
As an LWSP employer, your responsibilities are:
- to select the most suitable student from among those approved to participate in the program
- to provide appropriate training and supervision
- to maintain and verify the number of hours worked by the student and keep appropriate records
- submit time sheets to the payroll office bi-weekly
Unfortunately there is no guarantee that your position will be
filled. Even though every effort will be made to fill approved
positions, there are typically more positions than students in the
program. You must be an active Wilfrid Laurier University Employee to be eligible for a student position on this program.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, please complete the job application form and submit it online! We will e-mail employers whose positions have been accepted as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or are having trouble signing on to the form,you can email email@example.com with "LWSP-Employer" as your subject line, and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
updated September 03/13