Records & Registration
Certificate Application Form
Certificate in Arts I and II Application:
- The applicant must not hold a university degree.
- All courses have been taken on a part-time basis and at least one must have been taken after July 1, 1980.
- The courses counted towards a Certificate must not, separately or in combination, contravene any
regulations pertaining to the requirements of the General BA Degree.
- At least 3/5ths of the courses counted towards a Certificate must have been taken at Wilfrid Laurier
- The applicant must have achieved a grade point average of no less than 4.00.
Certificate in Criminology Application:
The Certificate in Criminology consists of 5.0 credits, including no more than 3.0 at the 100 level. The certificate program is offered on a part-time basis only and requirements must be fulfilled within five years from the date of entry.
3.0 credits Criminology and 2.0 credits Contemporary Studies
Required Courses (Criminology):
CC100 - Introduction to Criminology
CC210 - Psychology of Crime
CC300 - Theories of Crime
CC302 - Crime and the Justice System
1.0 elective credit in Criminology
Required Courses (Contemporary Studies):
CT121 - The World in the 21st Century
CT122 - Social and Political Thought
CT220 - Contemporary Studies Methodologies
0.5 elective credit in Contemporary Studies
- At least 3.0 credits of the courses counted towards the Certificate must be taken at Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Students must attain a minimum cumulative GPA of 6.0 to graduate.
- Students who wish subsequently to be registered in a degree program may be granted advanced standing toward the degree, subject to senate and faculty regulations.
updated July 07/14