Updated: Aug. 26, 2022
Laurier continues to follow recommendations from public health, and encourages our community to stay up to date on their vaccinations should public health recommendations change.
Health and Safety
- Masks: Masks are required for activities part of academic course delivery. Additionally, some activities and events beyond scheduled classes may have mask requirements at the discretion of event organizers.
- Vaccinations: Laurier has paused its proof of vaccination. Should public health recommendations change, vaccination requirements can be brought back on short notice. Members of the Laurier community are encouraged to remain up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations, including booster doses.
- Self-Assessing Symptoms: Anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should not attend campus. Self-assessments are encouraged.
- Enhancing Cleaning: Cleaning and disinfecting all touch points (e.g. doors, elevators, stair rails, washrooms, etc.) for occupied areas. Hand sanitizer in common areas, sanitizing products in workspaces and disinfectant sprays in washrooms are available to encourage additional cleaning measures.
- Ventilation and Air Quality: Ventilation systems are monitored to ensure they are operating properly and effectively. The ventilation system has been enhanced where possible to control the spread.
Experiencing COVID-19 Symptoms?
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or if you are informed of a positive case of COVID-19, please follow the appropriate protocols:
You are also encouraged to visit the COVID-19 in Ontario website for information on self-assessment.
Laurier Student Wellness Centres
The Student Wellness Centres are open.
Local Health Agencies
COVID-19 Scaling Framework
A COVID-19 scaling framework has been developed to guide safety planning, decision making and priority setting in regards to campus operations and activities. The framework identifies four levels – low, moderate, high and critical – independently applied to ten campus categories.