The Faculty of Music at Wilfrid Laurier University is proud to present Art Song Intensive, an exclusive 3-week, residential workshop for singers and pianists that provides an intensive experience of collaboration in pairs using the Art Song repertoire. The workshop takes place May 4-22, 2015.
This workshop includes:
- 1 hour with each instructor.
- 2 hours of lyric diction.
- 2 hours of contemporary repertoire studies lecture.
- 3 hours of masterclass.
- 3 hours of body mapping.
- Performance opportunities: 2 public concerts.
- Daniel Lichti, Associate Professor, Voice.
- John Hess, Associate Professor (UWO), Piano, Vocal Coach.
- Kimberly Barber, Associate Professor, Voice.
- Leslie De’Ath, Professor, Piano, Vocal Diction.
Registration will be limited to 6 singers and 6 pianists. Pre-formed duos or individuals are welcome to apply.
Application deadline: March 16, 2015.
To be considered for Art Song Intensive please complete the following steps by March 16:
Recordings for Art Song Intensive must be submitted by video upload via YouTube.
- 3 contrasting songs from Art Song repertoire with a singer.
- May include short example of solo piece.
- 3 contrasting songs from Art Song repertoire with a pianist.
- One song must be a Lied.
- 3 contrasting songs from Art Song repertoire.
- Start/End Dates: May 4 to May 22, 2015.
- Location: John Aird Centre, Faculty of Music, Wilfrid Laurier University (Waterloo campus).
- Fee: $1,300 ($1,250 + $50 non-refundable registration fee).
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
- Notice of withdrawal must be made to Daniel Lichti by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A full tuition refund, less a $50 registration fee, will be issued when notice of withdrawal is received prior to the start of workshop.
- After the start of the workshop, refunds will be handled on a case by case basis.