Learn More. On-Demand.
If you have received an offer of admission to Laurier's Bachelor of Education program, we hosted a webinar just for you. Listen to the recording where we cover the next steps for admitted students. We also introduce some of our current students and faculty members.
Watch the Webinar
1. Accept Your Offer
2. Pay Your Deposit
- In order to hold your place in this program, you were required to also submit a non-refundable $500 deposit by June 1, 2021.
- You can submit your deposit through online banking. Log on to your financial institution's online banking site and add Wilfrid Laurier University as a payee. Your student number is your account number. We encourage you to submit your deposit at least three days in advance of the due date to ensure we receive it on time.
3. Arrange Your Accommodations
4. Complete Your Student Registration
- Register for courses online at loris.wlu.ca. Course registration opens on June 15, 2021.
5. Submit Your Final Documents
- Final official documents should be mailed to Laurier’s Recruitment and Admissions Office directly from the issuing institution, or you can arrange to have the issuing institution email us a digital copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit your final transcript is June 30, 2021.
6. Get Ready for September
- The Faculty of Education will contact you to arrange and prepare for your practicum.
- Register with the Accessible Learning Office (if applicable). It is recommended you register once you have confirmed your offer of admission.
- Register for parking. Residence students can indicate they require parking when they apply for residence. Non-residence students can apply for parking when they have registered for courses. Parking passes will be given on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Ensure that your device meets the minimum technology requirements (see below).
7. Teaching Orientation
- Attend the mandatory Professional Teaching Orientation from Monday, Aug. 30, 2021, to Friday, Sept. 3, 2021. Specific dates and program details will be sent to incoming students.
PC or MacBook:
- Runs Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate 32 or 64 bit (preferred). Windows 10 preferred.
- OS X Yosemite or newer.
- At least 4 GB of ram (8+ preferred), 100 GB free hard drive space, i5 or i7 processor.
- Supports wireless 802.11n and preferably is dual-band (2.4 and 5 MHz).
- Up to date with system updates and runs current antivirus software.
- Built-in webcam and microphone.
- Installed and up-to-date Microsoft Office. (Laurier students have free access to Office 365).