Site Accessibility Statement
Wilfrid Laurier University Leaf
October 9, 2015

Canadian Excellence


Laurier is committed to attracting quality students from all over the world. We welcome applications from international students who meet program specific and language requirements.

What do I need to know about applying?

Applicants from outside of Canada may choose to apply with a paper application or through COMPASS, the OUAC on-line application system. Paper application forms (OUAC 105F) may be obtained by contacting the OUAC or an Ontario university. The OUAC 105F application form is to be completed and forwarded directly by the applicant to the Ontario Universities' Application Centre.

The applicant is responsible for requesting official transcripts from both secondary and post-secondary schools. The transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institution to the Admissions Office at Wilfrid Laurier University.
Upon receipt and review of all official transcripts and any supporting documentation, the applicant will be notified of the admissions decision.

The applicant must also meet Laurier's requirements for proficiency in English. Students whose native tongue is not English are to submit to the Admissions Office, evidence acceptable to the University of their proficiency in English. Normally, this evidence is an acceptable score on one of the following: the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or the Michigan Test of English Language Proficiency (MELAB).

A minimum score of 560 is required in the paper-based TOEFL; a minimum score of 220 is required in the computer-based TOEFL; a minimum score of6.5 is required in IELTS; and a minimum score of85 is required in the Michigan Test.

For more information on admissions, please visit the Admissions Web site or contact the office of admissions directly at

If you choose to come to Laurier, Laurier International is available to assist with your transition. Please visit the Laurier international Web site to learn of all of the services they offer international students.

As an international student, you are required to pay VISA student fees. A schedule of these fees is listed in our Undergraduate Calendar.

For graduate student fees, please visit the Graduate studies Web site.