Instructions for Windows XP
1. Use the Windows XP wireless network connection feature to connect to "laurierwifi". In the boxes provided enter your Novell Username and Novell Password.
2. Point your favorite browser at wireless.wlu.ca.
3. Download and install SecureW2 from here. A reboot is required. Continue at step 4 when your system returns. By default the SecureW2 installer is downloaded to the Desktop. During SecureW2 installation accept all the default choices.
4. Reconnect to "laurierwifi", and reload wireless.wlu.ca. From “Start” point to “Connect to” then choose “Wireless Network Connection”. (see screenshot)
5. Click on Properties. (see screenshot)
6. Click “Wireless Networks” tab, verify “Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings” is checked and click “Add”. (see screenshot)
7. Under the Association tab, Enter “laurierwireless” to “Network name (SSID)”, choose “WPA2” for Network Authentication and “AES” for Data Encryption. (see screenshot)
8. Click the Authentication tab, ensure that the "Enable IEEE802.1x authentication for this network" box is check, choose “SecureW2 TTLS” as the EAP type, and ensure the "Authenticate as computer when computer information is available" box is checked, then click “Properties”. (see screenshot)
9. In the SecureW2 window leave DEFAULT in the Profile box and click on Configure. (see screenshot)
10. Under “Connection” tab ensure that the "Use alternate outer identity” box is NOT checked and that the "Use anonymous outer identity" circle is checked. Also the "Enable session resumption (quick connect)" box should not be checked. (see screenshot)
11. Under the Certificate tab ensure that both boxes are not checked. (see screenshot)
12. Under the Authentication tab ensure PAP is chosen in the "Select Authentication Method" box. (see screenshot)
13. Under the User Account tab ensure that the Domain box is blank , the "Prompt user for credentials" box is unchecked and the "Use this account to logon computer" box is not checked. Enter your Novell Username in the "Username" box and your Novell Password in the "Password" box. (see screenshot)
14. Click on OK three times to close the various windows we have used except the "Wireless Network Connection Properties" window. In the "Wireless Networks" tab, choose "laurierwireless" in the "Preferred networks" window, then keep clicking the "Move up" button until it is on the top of the preferred networks list. Remove "laurierdownload" from the list of preferred networks. Click "OK" to close this window. (see screenshot)
15. Your wireless system should now be ready to access the Internet.