Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology
2015-2016 Academic Year
The Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology (QEII-GSST) is jointly funded by the Province of Ontario and TD Meloche Monnex. This scholarship is available to a graduate student in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics.
The QEII-GSST is valued at $15,000 annually ($5,000 per term). A QEII-GSST must be held for a minimum of two consecutive terms (or $10, 000.00).
Laurier's online application opens on October 1, 2014, and closes on February 2, 2015, at 4:30 PM. Eligible graduate students can complete and submit an application online at: https://web.wlu.ca/ogsp/.
Notification of results will be communicated to applicants via email at the end of March 2015 (March 30-31).
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident enrolled full time in an eligible master's or doctoral program (noted above)
- Applicants entering the 1st or 2nd year of graduate studies must have an average of at least 10 (A-) on the last 20 one-term/semester courses or the equivalent completed
- Applicants entering 3rd year or beyond of graduate studies must have an average of at least 10 (A-) on all graduate courses completed
- Recipients will also exhibit research ability or potential; excellent communication skills; and interpersonal and leadership abilities
- Recipients may hold other awards up to a total of $10,000 per year, but cannot hold an Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) for the same year of study in which they hold a Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarships in Science and Technology (QEII-GSST)
- Recipients may also accept other employment that does not affect their status as a full-time graduate student
- Recipients cannot be enrolled in a qualifying or make-up year
- Master’s students can receive the scholarship for a maximum of two years
- Doctoral students can receive the scholarship for a maximum of four years
- Recipients must remain enrolled as a full-time student in an eligible program
- Recipients who withdraw, transfer to part-time status, or fail to complete the term, will be required to repay the award
A complete online application package includes:
- Application Form
- Research/Program Statement
- List of Publications and Presentations
- Two Academic Assessments
- Official Transcripts: upload transcripts from all post-secondary education and include transcript legends/grading scales (only students who are or who were registered at Wilfrid Laurier University may upload Laurier unofficial transcripts from LORIS; transcripts from all other post-secondary institutions must be official copies)
Questions? Contact Cherie Mongeon, Graduate Financial Aid and Awards Officer in the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.