February 13, 2015 is the Last day to register (if spaces remain). sign up early!
Participate in the 3rd Annual Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) competition at Laurier
The 3MT® is an international research communication competition that challenges Laurier PhD and Master’s students to present their research and its significance in just three minutes to a non-specialist audience. Simply, the 3MT® is about how well you communicate your research.
- You`ll be rewarded. Presenting in plain language is a vital skill. Demonstrate to your future employer, family and friends that you can expertly talk about a complex idea. If that isn`t enough reward, we are offering $2000 prize money in total.
- You won`t be alone. You will participate alongside fellow graduate students from across the University. Learn what your colleagues are doing and cheer each other on as the University celebrates graduate research.
- You`ll be prepared. You can do this and we will help your succeed. You will be given resources and training that will help you get prepared for the competition and beyond.
- To participate in 3MT® 2013 @ Laurier you must currently be registered in a Masters or PhD program at Laurier and have made substantial progress on a reserach paper (dissertation/thesis or major research paper).
- Students who have defended but have not yet graduated are eligible.
- Presentations must be based on research that is directly related to the student’s graduate research paper (e.g. thesis or major research paper)
- Presenters must agree to be video-taped.
- Presenters must be available to present, in person, on the day of the day of the competition.