Collaborates to Promote Team and Organizational Success Workshops
"Understands impact of actions on others and takes an integrated approach to work and decision making."
- Seeks opportunities to integrate ideas and share resources across the organization
- Breaks down silos by sharing ideas and working collaboratively with others
- Solicits and values others' opinions
- Understands Laurier is an integrated multi-campus community
- Seeks to understand and incorporate the perspectives of others
- Leverages relationships and partnerships to generate new opportunities
In this highly participative workshop, each participant will work in teams on a "real-life" project. Through this process they will be actively engaged in learning and applying all of the steps in managing a successful project from beginning to end. The focus of this workshop will be on those individuals who have to manage a project that is not a part of their everyday job. For example; hosting a corporate event, planning a marketing campaign, installing a system, updating a website, updating a manufacturing process, etc.
- Manage an entire project from beginning to end
- Manage a project as an individual and on a team
- Form a project team and identifying the project team roles
- Applying the project Life Cycle
- Delegate tasks to others responsible for the completion of the project sections
- Identify the project's stakeholders and maintaining a customer and quality focus throughout
- Develop the project scope statement
- Develop the work breakdown structures as part of scope definition
- Develop the time lines (applying duration to each project task) and scheduling (allocating resources to each project task)
- Develop the network diagram to identify all of the task dependencies
- Determine project milestones
- Manage project change
- Present and report to management on the project's progress
- Communicate with the project team on an on-going basis
- Successfully implement and manage the entire project once the plan has been developed and agreed upon
Michael Stanleigh, CMC, CSP, is a Certified Management Consultant and the CEO of Business Improvement Architects.
Upcoming Workshop Date: April 16 and 17, 2015
To register for workshops, please click here.