Critical Path & Budget
Steps to Planning an Event
Develop a Critical Path and Budget
- Prepare a list of all event logistics with deadlines to complete each task.
- Assign team/committee members to individual tasks.
- Determine a timeline for regular communication meetings with everyone involved in planning.
- Draft an estimated budget and determine the source of funds. If a product or service is going to exceed $5000 contact Tracey Ens, email@example.com, in Procurements Services for guidelines. If you have questions about a contract you are asked to sign from an external vendor, contact Shereen Rowe, firstname.lastname@example.org, in the University Secretariat for advice.
- Develop a communication strategy. Ongoing communication with the event host, keynote speakers, donors, members of the Board of Governors, politicians, etc., who are participating in the event, is important.