The following are a few of the annual events that are planned by the Ceremonies & Events department.
Convocation Spring Convocation will be held On-Campus at the Athletic Complex The week of June 9th to the 13th 2014.
President's Town Hall - An opportunity to reflect on Laurier's achievements from the last year and to welcome the newest members of the Laurier leadership community.
- Town Hall, Waterloo Campus, Thursday, September 11th 2014.
- Town Hall, Brantford Campus, TBA
The Board of Governors' Retreat & Governance Dinner TBA
The President's Annual Open House - Max and Lynn Blouw invite local dignitaries and members of the community to their home every autumn to celebrate the academic year ahead. The open house will be held on Sunday, September 21st, 2014.
Employee Achievement Awards - the recognition Awards have been created to support Human Resources ability to recognize
and reward significant contributions by faculty and staff. The awards ceremony will take place on Wednesday, September 24th, 2014 in the Maureen Forrester Recital Hall.
Convocation Fall Convocation will be held in the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex on Friday, October 31st, 2014.
- For more information about the next convocation ceremonies, please click here.
Edna Staebler Award for Creative Non-Fiction - This is the only award of its kind for this genre offered in Canada. Established by writer and literary journalist Edna Staebler and first awarded in 1991, it provides encouragement and recognition to a Canadian writer of a first or second published book.
- The Award ceremony and reception will be held on Thursday November 13th 2014 in the Senate & Board Chambers at 7:00 p.m.
The President's Gold Scholarship Ceremony - Students are honoured at this ceremony which recognizes student recipients of the Presidentís Gold Scholarship.
- The Awards ceremony and reception will be held on Thursday, November 27th 2014 in the Senate & Board Chambers from 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Retirees' Dinner - This event provides an opportunity for members of the Wilfrid Laurier University Retirees' Association to socialize and reminisce! For more information about the Retirees' Association, please click here.
- The Retirees' Dinner and Reception will be held on Monday, December 8th 2014 in the Senate & Board Chambers at 5:00 p.m.