The following are a few of the annual events that are planned by the Ceremonies & Events department.
President's Town Hall - An opportunity to reflect on Laurier's achievements from the last year and to welcome the newest members of the Laurier leadership community.
- Town Hall, Waterloo Campus, Thursday, September 10th 2015.
Employee Achievement Awards -† the recognition Awards have been created to support Human Resources ability to recognize
and reward significant contributions by faculty and staff.
Convocation Spring Convocation will be held on campus in the Athletic Complex from June 8 - 12, 2015. Fall Convocation will be held in the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex on Friday, October 30th, 2015.
- For more information about the next convocation ceremonies, please click here.
Edna Staebler Award for Creative Non-Fiction - This is the only award of its kind for this genre offered in Canada. Established by writer and literary journalist Edna Staebler and first awarded in 1991, it provides encouragement and recognition to a Canadian writer of a first or second published book.
- The Award ceremony and reception will be held on Friday November 6 at 1 p.m.
The President's Gold Scholarship Ceremony - Students are honoured at this ceremony which recognizes student recipients of the Presidentís Gold Scholarship.
- The Awards ceremony and reception will be held on Thursday, November 26th 2015 in the Senate & Board Chambers from 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Retirees' Dinner - This event provides an opportunity for members of the Wilfrid Laurier University Retirees' Association to socialize and reminisce! For more information about the Retirees' Association, please click here.
- The Retirees' Dinner and Reception will be held on Monday, December 14th 2015 in the Senate & Board Chambers at 5:00 p.m.