Certificate in Risk Management
- Risk Assessment & Treatment participant, Fall 2014"The classes were run extremely well and the self-study work assigned complimented and enhanced my learning."
- Risk Financing, Fall 2014"I registered for this course specifically because of the classroom component. The blended format gave me a chance to meet in class for great discussion and dialogue with my classmates and the instructor."
- Risk Assessment & Treatment, Fall 2014
Risk management involves a comprehensive study and review of the loss exposures facing an organization. It involves understanding the risks facing the organization and identifying the means to prevent or minimize these losses in the most cost-effective manner.
Wilfrid Laurier University offers the required courses for the Canadian Risk Management Certificate, in conjunction with RIMS: The Risk Management Society. To obtain the certificate, students must complete the three designated risk management requisites outlined below. All three courses run over 13 weeks and are offered consecutively at Wilfrid Laurier University in fall and winter terms.
RIMS: The Risk Management Society
RIMS: The Risk Management Society is the governing body that determines standards, sponsors education programs and controls the professional designations for the Canadian Risk Management Certificate. Today, the institute has more than 400 members who include risk management professionals, insurance brokers and insurance adjusters as well as business leaders interested in increasing their risk management knowledge and understanding.
For details on each individual course including session dates, times and registration process please click on the title below.
- Risk Management Principles and Practices (ARM 54) - Winter 2015
- Risk Assessment and Treatment (ARM 55) - Fall 2015 - dates TBD
Risk Financing (ARM 56) - Winter 2015
Registration is now closed for Winter 2015. New dates to be posted shortly.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
- notice of withdrawal must be made in writing to Continuing Studies in-person, by mail, or by email
- a full tuition refund, less 10 per cent, will be issued when notice of withdrawal is received up to two weeks prior to the start of the first session
- a full tuition refund, less 25 percent, will be issued when notice of withdrawal is received after two weeks prior to start of the first session and prior to the start of the second session
- after the second session, no refunds will be issued
Please note that no refund of any sort will be given if the university is closed for any reason during your course.
Wilfrid Laurier University reserves the right to cancel a course in which there is insufficient enrollment. In the event of a cancellation, students will be informed and all fees will be refunded.