Intercultural Effectiveness Certificate Program
Laurier International, in partnership with the Centre for Intercultural Learning is offering an eight module Intercultural Effectiveness Certificate Program, geared towards developing knowledge of and value for the competencies necessary to be an interculturally effective person, an awareness of one's own level of competence, and finally, an understanding of how one can strengthen their own intercultural abilities, and knowledge.
Through the use of the experiential learning model, which takes into account diverse learning styles, students who complete the program will be able to:
- Begin to define and describe how culture affects our interactions with others
- Identify the 9 competencies of the Interculturally Effective Person
- Apply the concept of culture to current or previous personal and professional experiences
- Identify the 4 stages of cultural adjustment and strategies to assist with cultural adaptation
- Learn to empathize and value approaches and ways of thinking different from one's own
- Begin to identify and understand the cultural patterns of communication
- Start the journey of linking personal, professional and academic experience to specific intercultural competencies
More information about specific modules will be posted soon.
For information on completing the certificate program in the Fall of 2015 contact the Global Engagement team at firstname.lastname@example.org.