Psychology Careers and Psychology-Related Resources
There are many community-based organizations and professional associations relevant to the field of psychology. Please see below for a list of links to useful websites. Some of these sites offer free resources and helpful information for researchers and practitioners. Many of the professional associations listed below encourage student membership, offer email list serves for online discussions, and hold annual academic conferences.
Careers and Further Education in Psychology
- Becoming a Psychologist
- Careers in Psychology
- Canadian Universities
Graduate Programs offered at Canadian Universities (see pages 33-49 of this document)
Thinking of going to Grad School?
Here is some information about the GRE Subject Test and it's structure.
Activism, Advocacy, Services and Support
- St. Leonard's Community Service
- John Howard Society of Ontario
- Canadian Mental Health Society - Brant County Branch
- Landsdowne Children's Centre
- Brant County Suicide Prevention
- Why Not Youth Centres
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
Resources and Information
- Community Tool Box
- Me to We
- Tamarack: Institute for Community Engagement
- International Association for Community Development
- Mental Health Information and Resources
Professional Associations and Networks
Canadian Psychological Association (CPA)
Want to become a member of CPA? Click here to apply.
American Psychological Association (APA)
Want to become a member of APA? Click here to apply.
- Society for Personality and Social Psychology
Society for Community Research and Action (SCRA) -
Division 27 of the American Psychological Association
- Canadian Evaluation Society
- Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI)
- Psychologist for Social Responsibility (PsySR)
- Radical Psychology Network (RadPsyNet)
- The Psychology Foundation of Canada
- College of Psychologists of Ontario -
Becoming a Psychologist in Ontario
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario -
Becoming a Psychotherapist in Ontario