Site Accessibility Statement
Wilfrid Laurier University Waterloo Convocation
July 7, 2015

Canadian Excellence

Temporary Resident Visa

Visiting Family Members

Instructions for Students on Study Permits who wish their family members to attend Convocation:

If your country of origin requires a visa to enter Canada, your family member will need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) for Visiting Family Members. He/she must apply for a TRV from a Canadian consulate, embassy or high commission in the home country. See the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website for a list of Visa offices.

Your Family Member will need the following supporting documents for his/her application:

1. A letter of invitation. This is a letter written by you inviting your family member to come and visit/attend Convocation. Details about the information required in the letter of invitation are available on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.

2. A letter from the WLU Registrar's Office confirming you are a registered student and the anticipated completion date of your studies. Visit Service Laurier or print the online request form to make the order.

Please contact the Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies Office if you are graduating from the Faculty of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies for the letter.

3. Any other documentation required by the visa post where the application will be submitted.

* Laurier International is able to provide a letter of support for the letter already provided by the Registrar's office. Please obtain the Registrar's letter before contacting Laurier International.

If you have any questions regarding International visitors, please contact Anna Done Choudhury, International Student Advisor at Laurier International, at