Checklist before Convocation:
- Click here to apply to graduate.
To Graduate you must apply to graduate by the deadlines below:
August 1 (regular application fee)
August 2 - October 1 (late application fee)
After October 1 - NO applications are accepted
January 15 (regular application fee)
January 16 - April 15 (late application fee)
After April 15 - NO applications are accepted
Deadlines and fees for applying to graduate are:
Graduation fee (by deadline) - $23.15
Graduation fee (after deadline) - $81.10
These fees are processed by the Registrars office.
- If you are unable to attend Convocation please fill out the Convocation Non-Attendance form.
- Ensure that you have completed all course and GPA requirements.
- If you have any outstanding fees on your account they must be paid before you are eligible to graduate.
- After you apply check on LORIS to find out the status of your application and consult with your academic advisor to verify your eligibility to graduate. (The status of your application will not change until all final grades have been received and assessed.)
- If needed, make accessibility arrangements for seating and parking by filling out the online form.
- Degree frames are available for purchase at Convocation. For more information click here.
- For Instructions on how to invite family members to Convocation from countries that require a visa to enter Canada please click here. If you are an international student and have guests from out of the country attending your Convocation Ceremony please email Sondra Schwartz, email@example.com and provide the following details: name of international student, ceremony time or program student is graduating from, country guests are flying in from, and the number of guests.
- You can now send a personalized invitation to a Faculty member/s who has inspired your University career to attend your Spring Convocation ceremonies by personalizing an evite. Click here to send an evite.
**IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING GUEST SEATING**
Due to high numbers of graduating students, the following ceremonies will require tickets for guest seating;
- June 10, 2014, 9:30 a.m. - Faculty of Science, Biology and Psychology
- June 10, 2014, 2:00 p.m. - Faculty of Science
- June 13, 2014, 9:30 a.m. - School of Business & Economics, BBA Program
For more information regarding guest tickets, please click here
Day of Convocation:
- Plan to arrive 1.5 hours in advance of the ceremony to pick up your participation card, rent gowns and hoods (make sure you have the rental fee with you), pick up complimentary photo composites/yearbooks, and get in line for the procession. IMPORTANT: Participation cards will NOT be mailed. An email will be sent to those that have been cleared to graduate approximately two weeks before the ceremony to confirm the degree, program granted and the date and time of the ceremony. **IMPORTANT** Participation cards will NOT be available for those who have a hold on their account or who have not been cleared to graduate. Please confirm on LORIS.
- If your name is difficult to pronounce, please spell it out phonetically.
- The procession line-up is located outside the Science Building under the covered walkway. Gowns/hoods will be available for pick-up in Bricker Academic Building. For further information regarding gown rentals, please click here or contact the Laurier Bookstore at 519-884-0710 x3237.
- The Marshal will give lining up instructions based on the number found on your participation card and leading the graduands through the ceremony details and procession.
- Parking will be available free of charge for visitors during convocation.
- Do not bring personal items with you to the procession, leave with family members. While the ceremony is in session, please remain in your seats in respect to your fellow graduates.
- Giftware, grad rings, and Laurier clothing, can be purchased through the Bookstore. Rings will also be available for sale at Convocation. The bookstore will be set up for sales at the Athletic Complex
After Convocation Ceremony:
- Receptions will be held immediately after your ceremony unless otherwise noted. Reception details will be posted closer to the ceremony dates.
- Gowns and hoods must be returned same day as your Convocation.