IPRM supplementary elections
Communications, Public Affairs & Marketing
A motion was passed at Laurier’s Senate meeting on Feb. 5, which invites additional faculty members from Laurier Brantford to serve on Integrated Planning and Resource Management (IPRM) working groups.
These additions stem from the need to ensure that IPRM teams properly reflect the full diversity of perspectives and the multi-campus nature of the university in the IPRM process –– specifically, that there are sufficient members whose perspective on the university is different by virtue of being on a different campus. Currently, there is one faculty member from Laurier Brantford represented on the Planning Task Force and the Academic Priorities Team.
Following this motion, nominations are now open for:
Planning Task Force: two faculty members from the Brantford Campus; one elected, one appointed from the slate of nominees
Academic Priorities Team: two faculty members from the Brantford Campus; one elected, one appointed from the slate of nominees (the dean is eligible for the appointed position on this team)
- All members of the Laurier community may nominate full-time faculty members, Contract Academic Staff (CAS) and the dean from Laurier’s Brantford campus. Self-nominations are welcome.
- Nominations should include the name of the nominee(s) and the working group to which they are nominated.
- Nominations should be submitted in confidence to John Fraser (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Friday, February 8, 2013 at 4:30 p.m.
- Nominees will be contacted, and if they are willing to stand for nomination, will be given the opportunity to provide a 150-word statement.
Elections and appointments:
- The slate of nominees will be announced by e-mail Monday, February 11, 2013 and a link provided to the elections website.
- Voter-eligibility rules are the same as during the December 2012 IPRM election –– those who were eligible to vote at that time are eligible to vote now.
- Voting by electronic ballot will open on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 9 a.m. and will close Friday, February 15, 2013 at 4 p.m.
- Appointments will be made after the election process has been completed and will be carried out by the vice-president: academic and provost in consultation with VP Academic’s senior advisory team.
For further information about IPRM, the working groups and the nomination and elections process, please visit: www.wlu.ca/IPRM