Dr. Eve Nimmo
Research Facilitator (Social Sciences)
Contact InformationEmail: email@example.com
Phone: 519.884.0710 ext.4975
Office Location: Alumni Hall AH231B
Office Hours: 8:30 - 4:30
- B.A. Honours, English Rhetoric and Professional Writing and Anthropology, University of Waterloo
- M.A., Archaeology, Simon Fraser University
- Ph.D., Archaeology, University of Reading, UK
Dr. Eve Nimmo joined Wilfrid Laurier University in 2014. Eve comes to the position of Research Facilitator with several years of experience facilitating research and working as an academic editor. She facilitated research in the Social Sciences and Humanities at the University of Manitoba, successfully supporting applications to SSHRC, NSERC, CFI and the Canada Research Chair program, among many others. Eve has also worked as a freelance academic editor specializing in providing editing services for academics with English as an additional language. Articles that she has edited have been published in Heredity, Nature, Forest Ecology and Management, among others.
Eve’s Ph.D. in Historical Archaeology specialized in issues of gender and identity in Spanish Colonial religious institutions. She has conducted archaeological research in Canada, the UK, Ecuador and Brazil.
- Assists faculty in the Social Sciences to find funding and opportunities for collaboration
- Assists faculty with developing and refining grant proposals
- Fluent in Portuguese, reads and understands French and Spanish