Mr. Sean Henderson
ESL Facilitator, LEAF Program
Contact InformationEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Location: DC 131
Post Secondary Degrees
- Masters of Arts (MA) in History - August 2012
Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON, Canada
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) with Honours - May 2005
University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, Canada
- TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) Ontario Certification - December 2013
Conestoga College, Kitchener, ON, Canada
- Presenter, From Content to Skills Based Listening/Speaking, TESL Ontario Conference 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada; November 12, 2015.
- Presenter with Ms. Marcia Campos, Transitioning from ESL to EAP Listening and Speaking,
TESL Ontario Conference 2014; Toronto, ON, Canada; October 16, 2014
- Contributor to Ms. Marcia Campos and Miss Jaime Hignell Presenters, Developing Critical
Thinking, TESL Ontario Conference 2014; Toronto, ON, Canada; October 17, 2014
I have been teaching ESL (English as a Second Language) and EAP (English for Academic Purposes) for 7.5 years. My experience includes 4.5 years of teaching in various English skills and levels at Laurier Brantford's LEAF Program since September 2011.
Prior to teaching in LEAF, I taught for 3 years at the Graduate University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Beijing, China. During my time at this university, I taught masters and doctoral candidates English Speaking and Writing. These classes were the language prerequisite for these candidates. In addition, I also served as a Speech Contest Judge and "Question Master" in several speech contests both within the university and city (Beijing) wide.
I find it rewarding to assist students in their understanding of Canadian university expectations and helping them prepare for their studies. The most rewarding event is when the students graduate from the LEAF Program and will begin their studies at Wilfrid Laurier University.