The Pre-MBA is an eight-month intensive English and business preparatory program designed to help students whose first language is not English gain the skills and experience needed to succeed at the MBA level. The program runs annually from September to April. Students that pass the Pre-MBA program to advance to Laurier’s MBA program in August.
To be considered for admission into the Pre-MBA program, you must have:
- A four-year undergraduate degree with a minimum B standing in your final year of study (Ontario standards).
- IELTS 6.0 (over-all band), TOEFL iBT 78, or acceptable equivalent.
- Two years of work experience.
To successfully complete the Pre-MBA and advance to the MBA, you need to:
- Maintain an average of 70% in the Pre-MBA with no course below 65% and no more than one course below 70%.
- Obtain a GMAT score of 550 or higher. Note: The Pre-MBA program offers a free 13-week GMAT preparatory course during the fall semester for students who have not yet obtained a score of 550 or higher.
Tuition for the Pre-MBA program is competitively priced at $15,600 for the eight-month program. Tuition is paid in two $7,800 installments prior to the start of each semester.
Some of the benefits of studying in the Pre-MBA at Laurier are:
- The chance to obtain an MBA in your choice of 10 different specializations in under two years.
- Experienced, professional language instructors.
- Business core courses taught by Laurier’s AACSB-accredited Lazaridis School of Business and Economics professors.
- Site tours, case studies, and other opportunities to practice newly acquired skills.
- Small class sizes.
- Competitive tuition.
- Free GMAT preparation classes during the first semester.
- No further standardized English testing required (with successful completion of program).
How to Apply
Contact Jason Whalen, pre-MBA coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 519.884.1970 x4318.