Fourth-Year Honours Health Sciences
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Three Facts About Me
- I am working to get a minor in biology, chemistry and psychology.
- I love learning more about different factors that shape health of people.
- My first job is being a campus ambassador for Laurier.
Why I Chose Laurier
- Laurier was my first choice, because of its mid-size classes and very resourceful campus.
- Laurier has a tight-knit community with many student run clubs and an excellent support network for students, which helped me have an easy transition from a different high school system to a Canadian university.
- Laurier has diverse research opportunities on campus with different professors in different departments. This helped me understand more about research outside class time.
Involvement on Campus
- Founder and executive director of Global Health Awareness Laurier Initiative (GHALI).
- President of International Students Association (ISA).
- Research assistant in Tristan Long's lab and Todd Coleman's lab.
- Global Engagement Student Ambassador (GESA) at Laurier International.
- Peer Wellness educator at the Wellness Education Centre.
- Headstart ambassador.
- Former president of Stand Up for Health – Laurier.
- Instructional assistant for first year biology and chemistry.
- International Orientation and communication assistant at Laurier International.
- Executive member for Pre-Med Society and Laurier Beauty Hawks.
- During my first year, I was a general member of Stand Up for Health – Laurier, Laurier Cares, Laurier Biology Association and a committee member of SURO.