FormsGraduate and Postdoctoral Studies
Doctoral - Annual Progress Report
published: 07-Jun-2007 PDF (149kb) PROGRESS_PHD_ADVISOR_REV2013.pdf
Every doctoral student is required to submit to their advisor, by April 15 annually, a progress report (see below for the required contents of the student's report). This report will then be reviewed by the student's advisor and commented upon by the full advisory committee (using the above form). The full report (which includes both the student's statement and the advisor's submission) is then reviewed and acknowledged (by signature) by the student and the program's Graduate Officer. The full report, including the student's submission, is due in the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, by June 1, annually.
STUDENT'S ANNUAL REPORT: this report must be typewritten and can be produced using any software program. The report must answer the following 5 questions and include your name, Laurier ID number and signature. The report must be submitted to your advisor by April 15, annually. Late submission of this report may result in a delay of your financial support from the university.
|NOTICE OF COLLECTION OF PRIVATE INFORMATION: Wilfrid Laurier University collects personal information under the authority of the Wilfrid Laurier University Act. Personal information collected by any part of the University may be used by other units in order to execute the various functions of the University and to administer the various relations between the University and its students, alumni, employees, clients, suppliers, partners, and others. Visit our privacy coordinator's web-page at www.wlu.ca/privacy for more examples of potential uses of your personal information. Questions may be directed to the coordinator at email@example.com or 519-884-0710, ext 3637.|
SUBMIT ANSWERS TO THESE 6 QUESTIONS, BY APRIL 15 ANNUALLY, TO YOUR ADVISOR:
- Include your name, WLU ID number, academic department, and identify the term in which you started the doctoral program.
- Provide details of your progress since your last report (or, if this is your first report, toward meeting your degree requirements since the beginning the program). Provide examples of courses completed, comprehensive examination preparation/writing/oral defense, thesis proposal, research, chapters written/revised, etc.
- Indicate all scholarships you have applied for since last May 1 (or, if this is your first report, since your entry into the program). Distinguish between those you "applied for" and those you were "awarded". Provide dollar values for those you were awarded.
- List any conference presentations and publications you have contributed to since last May 1 (or, if this is your first report, since your entry into the program). Distinguish between "refereed" and "non-refereed", "invited", "contributed", etc.
- List your specific goals for next year; make reference to the program requirements, such as specific courses, comprehensive examination, thesis, etc. Indicate the expected dates for completion of these goals.
- What is your anticipated date for the completion of all degree requirements?
updated April 19/13