Lyle S. Hallman Faculty of Social Work
MSW Research Assistantship Application
*** This form is for MASTER OF SOCIAL WORK Students ONLY ***
Please complete this online form, attach your resume and submit. Your form and resume will be reviewed by Dr. Lea Caragata, Associate Dean: PhD Program.
MSW Research Assistants are paid an hourly rate of $20.00 per hour to a maximum number of 65 hours per term or a total amount of $1,300.00 per term, less mandatory deductions.
The process of selecting MSW Research Assistants includes the following steps:
1. Faculty members submit requests for MSW Research Assistants, identifying specific projects and required skills;
2. A budgetary review by the Research Resource Coordinator, the Dean and the Program Manager will determine the the number of faculty requests that can be honoured.
3. Student applications are reviewed for specific skill sets;
4. The applications from students with the required skill sets and applicable experience are forwarded to each faculty member making a request;
5. Faculty members interview applicants and make final decisions for each position.
updated July 09/15