Lyle S. Hallman Faculty of Social Work
MSW Research Assistantship Application
Please complete this online form, attach your resume and submit. Your form and resume will be reviewed by Dr. Carol Stalker, Associate Dean: PhD Program.
Research Assistants are paid an hourly rate of $20.00 per hour to a maximum number of 65 hours per term or a total amount of $1,300.00 per term.
The process of selecting research assistants includes the following steps:
1. Faculty members submit requests for Research Assistants, identifying specific projects and required skills;
2. A budgetary review by the Research Resource Coordinator, the Dean and the Program Manager will determine the the number of faculty requests that can be honoured.
3. Student applications are reviewed for specific skill sets;
4. The applications from students with the required skill sets and applicable experience are forwarded to each faculty member making a request;
5. Faculty members interview applicants and make final decisions for each position.
updated March 11/14