Records & Registration
Request for Readmission to the Faculty of Arts/Science/Brantford
Regulations for Students Returning from a 'Must Withdraw Status'
Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Science and Laurier Brantford
- You must be absent from the University for a period of one calendar year (12 months).
- To be considered for readmission, the Faculty requires that you undertake academic upgrading, equivalent to 2 (two) courses at a College with a minimum A- (80%) grade in each course. University courses with a B- (70%) grade in each may be accepted. These courses have to be of an academic nature, that is, similar to that offered by Laurier. Please email Pat Young email@example.com for readmission information and pre-approval of the college or university courses.
- Once the courses are complete, an official transcript must be requested from the College and sent directly to the Registrar's Office at Laurier.
- You must submit to the Registrar's Office, the Request for Readmission form (below):
- outlining the faculty/program you wish to enter (or re-enter)
- A readmission statement containing the reasons for your previous academic performance,
- why you wish to attend Laurier,
- why you think you will now be more successful academically,
- and details concerning your activities or work experience since your last attendance at Laurier.
Please note that medical reasons must be accompanied by supporting documentation from your treating physician.
- Readmission is granted at the discretion of the Faculty and is NOT guaranteed.
- If readmitted, you will be placed on Academic Probation and you must successfully complete 2.0 credits (or equivalent) by part-time study only with a GPA of 5.00 (C) within two years, but may only register in two half-credit courses (or equivalent) per term. You are limited to 4.0 credits (or equivalent) until academic probation can be cleared. No failures are allowed during the probation period. A meeting with the Associate Dean will be required to proceed to full-time. After completing this probation you must meet all program requirements as listed in the Undergraduate Calendar.
- You are strongly advised to make an appointment with an academic advisor in your department or the Associate Dean to discuss the above requirements and future plans.
- Deadlines for submission of ALL DOCUMENTS and TRANSCRIPTS -- minimum 30 days prior to the beginning of term you wish to enrol.
Academic Program Administrator II
Office of the Registrar
519 884-0710, ext. 6356
Co-ordinator of Records,
Office of the Registrar
519 884-0710, Ext. 6095
updated September 03/13